Our Noble Pursuits

Living the good life. And writing about it.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Our Memorial Day weekend was busy, busy, busy.  But so much fun.  Despite David not feeling the greatest, we managed to pack a lot of activity into our three day weekend together.  Annie thrives on activity, it seems, so she takes busy weekends completely in stride.  She got to see lots of friends, spent a lot of time outside, and took more walks and wagon rides than we usually have time for.  Plus, I like to think she actually enjoys hanging out with us, so she got lots of time for that over the weekend too!  And a little visit from Gaga never hurts either.


We got the hammock out for an inagural rocking of this season, and Annie quickly decided she liked pushing it almost as much as she enjoyed sitting in it.

We had a tea party with her two favorite stuffed animals, Zebra and Hop (the bunny).  I hadn't seen her pretend to feed and give a drink to her animal friends much before, so I for one was highly entertained by the tea party in general.

We went to three birthday parties, and even got to paint some pottery at one of them!  She picked out a ceramic dog to paint and was more meticulous than her almost two years would make you assume.  She was the last one to finish her piece, and was very diligent in what she was doing.

Annie loves loves loves the playground, and she was happy to have a couple of trips there over the holiday weekend.  She enjoyed the swings and the bridges and the slides, just like she always does. Have I mentioned lately how lucky we are to have her daycare right around the corner with a great playground we can use?  And how fun it is to have neighborhood friends show up while we are there?

And finally, she donned her first bathing suit of the season for our third birthday party of the weekend, and insisted on pigtails for the occassion.  I swear, she kills me sometimes with these things.  As soon as my mom and I got the pigtails completed, she pranced around the house and looked at herself in the mirror.  I'm afraid we've got a real girly girl on our hands here...and you know, I'm secretly okay with that, because I've got a whole lot of girly girl in me too!


We are right at one month out from our big second birthday celebration.  I will postpone saying anything about how completely amazed I am that two years have gone by already.  But we look forward to celebrating our sweet girl with family and friends in just a few short weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated on "Growing Up with Annie".

    I do believe she's going to be right handed.

    Love is definitely in the air. The pictures speak to that fact.

    Happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete